Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Re: Not a PAW...
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 08:48:27 -0800

B. D. Colen offered:

> Well, first off, the wedding is very often not put together around the
> wishes of the bride, but the wishes of the bride's mother or
> mother-in-law.:-)...Second, if the wedding is build around the wishes of
> the bride, and she has chosen and orchestrated everything, then anything
> shot is showing what she has put together....<<<

Hi B.D.
Yep been there done a few like this and everyone wets their pants with
excitment later looking at the "indepth coverage of the magical moments"
rather than the usual stand up look pretty dresses and well manicured every
day wedding crap.

I've found a number of brides are using a photo company who'll do "photo
reportage" B&W coverage and a potatoe masher flash on camera user for the
stand-up look pretty same old stuff.

In the end the biggest selection of prints come from the quiet moment photo
reportage with a few prints to show the "colour of the dresses!"

>>She specifically said that I was not to worry about getting the
stereotypical crap - that's > >what she had hired Potato Masher Woman
for...<<<<

Yeeeeeeesssssssssss, all right!! A very smart bride!!!! ;-)

> But what you're forgetting here, is that this particular bride wanted a
> document of the 24 hours from rehearsal to ceremony - NOT a montage of
> sparkling eyes gazing into each other. And keep in mind, also, that both
bride
> and groom saw my work before asking me to shoot - they knew what they
> were getting.<<<<

B.D. this is what's called "getting the feeling of the wedding" and not
having the standard 12 pictures of the same stand-up photos that get filed
away and are looked at 25 years later, maybe if ever, if they're still
married to the same person. ;-)

The new wave wedding crew consist of one B&W shooter doing the
"touchy-feely" stuff and a guy/gal doing the same old stand there pretty
coloured clothes stuff.

ted