Subject: RE: [Leica] Assistance on a Camera Bag / Crumpler anyone?
From: "Steven A. Melnyk" <melnyk@msu.edu>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 09:54:54 -0500

I have had two of these bags and unlike some of the people on the list,
my opinion is decidedly negative.  The first one that I had was the
Harry Palmer which was inadequate.  While it was true that the
construction of the bag was good, the form/fit factor was entirely
wrong for me.  While it was larger than some of my Domkes, it could
carry less equipment.  The reason lay in its shape. The bottom of the
bag tapered down and resulted in a lot of loss space.  Film put in the
top flap would not lay flat.  It seemed to be a bag of good intentions
where the design never quite achieved the intent.

I have since tried one of their newly redesigned bags.  While it is
better, it still does not match up well with Domkes, Billinghams or
Tenbas.  While Crumpler may make great messenger bags, they still have
a lot to learn about camera bags.

My two cents worth.

Steven A. Melnyk
Department of Marketing & Supply Chain Management
Michigan State University
melnyk@msu.edu