Subject: Re: [Leica] OT-- Fixing Times
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 08:10:29 +0100 (MET)

Same here. Used to use slow fixer with long washes, now I use the fast
stuff (Ilford Hypam). The nice thing about fixer is that you can easily
test it. There's usually a piece of undeveloped leader film lying around.
You can put it in the fixer and see how long it takes to clear. The fixing
time is said to be twice that (twice the time it takes to clear). When the
times approach the upper recommended times, change your fixer.

I've also heard what Eric says: the less time in liquids, the better it is
for the film.

I use the Rapid stuff now (and for quite some time back) and don't have
any problems.

Daniel