Subject: Re: [Leica] Cold in Canada, Cold in Natchitoches
From: Johnny Deadman <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 10:29:39 -0500

this whole thread seems to ignore the effect of alcohol on short term
cold endurance.

I personally have gone out to get (more) beer at -25 C in a t-shirt.

I have also fallen asleep on an outside doorstep at -10 C after
sampling too much wine.

(I have also seen an old farmer pumping gas at -20 C in his shirt
sleeves... those guys probably have alcohol running in their veins).

alcohol does nothing at all for your long term cold endurance,
unfortunately... in fact quite the opposite...