Subject: Re: [Leica] RE:The amazing SL
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 16:33:54 -0800

Douglas Herr the smiling smart ass of California... ;-) :-) asked:

> Does that include standing on the camera or covering it with cow sh!t?<<<

Doug,
I did demonstrate to some photo buddies one day, as Leica offered that one
could stand on top of the prism to demonstrate the body strength "you can
stand on the body of an SL!"  I did it, then a couple of guys tried it with
a Nikon, but one guy rocked the camera back and forth with his 250 lbs. and
the removable prism was completely screwed-up! ;-)

However the SL took it like a true Leica should. :-)

Now the cow shit episode was with an R8 and an M6 with Noctilux. The saving
part for the R8 was I had it slung sideways behind my left arm so it didn't
get any. Whereas the M6 and Nocti took the full flush flow as did I! ;-)

Whew !!!!!!!!!! And worse? We weren't finished shooting, so wiped off what
we could and carried on till it was done. But then it was an hour drive back
to the hotel with all the windows down in he car.

The funny part was the couple who were about to get on the same elevator
with my son and I, then they caught a whiff, backed off quickly and decided
on another lift. :-)
ted

Replies: Reply from Feli di Giorgio <feli@creocollective.com> (Re: [Leica] RE:The amazing SL)