Subject: Re: [Leica] Baseplate woes / MP question
From: "Erik van der Meulen" <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 10:08:09 +0100 (CET)

Red Dawn said:

> i've been using a new m6ttl since August 2002 and have never dropped the
> base plate while changing film (and i shoot quite a lot). however, last
> month i dropped it twice accidentally in the heat of shooting (they say its
> bound to happen sooner or later...), once on hard concrete, and i've
> discovered that the baseplate no longer fits easily into the body and to
> remove it i actually need to apply a bit of force. I examined the baseplate
> and other than a few marks, i found no sign of any denting or disfiguring of
> the baseplate itself.

I have exactly the same on my M6ttl. Never dropped it (just yet), but got it that
way second hand. It was never even noticed until I took a friends M6ttl where the
base plate just naturally slides out once the release is turned.
I agree, its just a minor annoyance (still which I had never touched that other M6...).

Best regards.

- --
  Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.com>