Subject: [Leica] Baseplate woes / MP question
From: "Red Dawn" <reddawn@singnet.com.sg>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 10:32:03 +0800

Hi luggers,

i've been using a new m6ttl since August 2002 and have never dropped the
base plate while changing film (and i shoot quite a lot). however, last
month i dropped it twice accidentally in the heat of shooting (they say its
bound to happen sooner or later...), once on hard concrete, and i've
discovered that the baseplate no longer fits easily into the body and to
remove it i actually need to apply a bit of force. I examined the baseplate
and other than a few marks, i found no sign of any denting or disfiguring of
the baseplate itself.

Did i just damage something i don't know? the baseplate of my second hand M3
slides in and out with great case and smoothness. it's a minor irritation
and probably something i can live with but if there's anything i can do to
fix it....

Another question - does anyone know for sure if there are 0.58x finder
versions of the Leica MP in black paint available now? i've heard, but not
seen a confirmation from anyone regarding it. I understand Leica has
actually started production of 0.58x versions of the black MP?

thanks.....

boon hwee

Replies: Reply from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (Re: [Leica] Baseplate woes / MP question)
Reply from "Erik van der Meulen" <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.com> ([Leica] OT: Where to buy Domke J-803)