Subject: Re: [Leica] leica picture
From: "GeeBeePhoto" <graham@geebeephoto.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 16:58:02 -0000

From: "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: 08 January 2004 09:12

> > Leica M6 50mm Noctilux Kodak Portra BW @ 400
> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/l06.html
> >
> > --Graham
> >
> > http://geebeephoto.com
> >
> Welcome back Graham.I,s your m6 repaired allready?
> simon jessurun

Hi Simon,

The second curtain was not closing when shutter speeds slower than 60th were
set. The shutter remained open until I turned the shutter speed dial back to
a speed faster than 30th. There was a tiny piece of grit wedged between one
tooth of the slow speed escapement mechanism and it  was jamming it.

Posted the M6 Monday for repair and got it back Wednesday.  The repairer
responsible for the astonishingly fast turn round hardly needs any
recommendation from me as he has among his clientele Her Royal Majesty Queen
Elizabeth II.

I may not be as well connected but I cede to no one in my gratitude and
praise for Peter Grisaffi at CRR Luton for the right royal service he gave
my M6.
http://www.angelfire.com/biz/Leica/

Thanks to all who welcomed me back :-)

Graham