Subject: Re: [Leica] Hate to admit this...
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 09:49:28 -0800

Erik van der Meulen asked plaintively:

>>> I had this nice little cooking work-shop yesterday. I shot away three
> rolls of Neopan 1600 at 3200 ASA I thought. Only when I went out to get
> them processed this morning, I found that one of these rolls had
> actually been a Provia 100!
>
> My question is if there is any chance of processing this in a way to
> retrieve some sort of information on that, or would it be a complete
> waist to have it processed at all.<<

Jeffery Smith replied:
> A slide film overexposed by four stops? I'm not sure I would waste the
> money and/or chemistry. <<<<<,,

Hi Erik,
Like Jeffery I don't think you've got a hope of rescuing anything that would
make a decent print.   However!!! ;-) Nothing ventured, nothing gained or
maybe gained.

Surely we have some very knowledgeable chemistry gurus on the list that have
a potion that might work just for the hell of it. And worth trying. hey look
at it this way, this is an opportunity for all of us to learn something
positive here.

And possibly save another's butt down the line who's made the same error. I
mean ask, "Who hasn't done this at some time in the past?" And I'd bet damn
near all of us.... given I did the same thing two weeks ago with a roll of
E100VS rated at 1600 and didn't know it until it was souped! And it was
OOPS!!!!! Little bitty lights and that's all.

So any magic potions out there?
ted

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Hate to admit this...)