Subject: RE: [Leica] bw with Epson 2200...follow-up
From: Tim Atherton <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 18:51:28 -0700

> This sutff that I bought:
> Crane Museo Coated Watercolor Museo is manufactured to archival
> standards, it is acid-free, buffered with calcium carbonate and contains
> no optical brighteners. This paper is subject to rigorous control
> specifications for visual and functional performance characteristics.
>
> And the stuff you were talking about:
> Hahnemuhle
> Coated Watercolor Hahnemuhle is the original manufacturer of the Lyson
> and Luminos fine art papers. Hahnamühle's Photo Rag is a bright white
> 100% cotton rag, acid-free paper designed specially for optimum
> photographic reproduction. Its D-max (black) depth and color saturation
> performance is better than any fine art paper we have tested -- using
> pigment or dye inks.

Actually, the really nice stuff is this:

www.archesinfinity.com

But it costs an arm and a leg

Almost as nice and almost half the price is this

http://www.premierimagingproducts.com/pdf/media/Premier_Art_Hot_Press.pdf

http://www.premierimagingproducts.com/

Lovely stuff

Best price here

www.photowarehouse.biz

Both are very very nice for colour and B&W (if you can get decent B&W from a
2200 - unless you are on a mac when there are free RIPs, Imageprint is about
the only way).

Epson is selling a version of the Fine Art Hot Pressed as their Ultrasmooth,
but only in rolls so far. It has better longevity ratings than Ilfochrome -
75yrs display 200+ in dark storage (if you want to believe those things - at
any rate, it's great for colour material)

tim

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] bw with Epson 2200...follow-up)
Reply from Mike Durling <durling@cox.net> (Re: [Leica] bw with Epson 2200...follow-up)