Subject: [Leica] Degas negatives
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 14:07:17 -0800

I was watching a show about Degas on PBS and they showed some of the negatives he made while he was investigating photography. They had colored with age but the images could still be made out.

This program, a Great Performances I think, was shown in High Definition, a superb use.

I also saw "Russian Ark" yesterday in HD - what amazing production although my knowledge of Russian History is so bad that I'm sure I caught only 10% of what is there.

From Degas' work I take a renewed vigor to experiment. The work he produced over his life, how it changed as he aged, was inspiring.

AB