Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - Polaroid SprintScan 4000 question
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:48:33 -0800

Chris said:

> I had a media bumping problem last night,  while scratching my head I
realized the scanner was too close to the wall so the tray couldn't move far
enough into the scanner to catch the last part of the last frame.  This gave
the media bumping error as well.<<

Hi Chris,
That's a given because that's the only time the damn message should appear.
But when you've got three feet of clean air behind the scanner and you keep
getting the message it's bumping, it truly becomes a pain in the ass!

Mix that in with the other pain in the ass stuff  "not selecting the correct
frames a half dozen times before it does, and computer shut downs and
re-starts to get it working properly for a couple of negs before it goes
crazy again" it's any wonder some of us are loosing all patience with a
machine, that when it works does a beautiful job of scanning.

ted