Subject: Re: [Leica] Irene...paw
From: Rick Floyd <rickfloyd@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 19:15:42 -0500

Ted/Steve:

Using Ted's book as an inspiration, I gladly accepted an invitation to
photograph nurses at work for the University of Michigan Medical Center
Nurses Appreciation Month.  That was several months ago and I am still
humbled by the experience.  Sometimes in my job or life I get
frustrated with the dumb things we have to do and the pace we have to
do them at.

However, I will never forget the joy and excitement a young family
shared at 2:00 am because their infant's blood oxygen level came back
at a "normal" level.  Or having 20 month old Rachael use all of her
energy she had to turn her head to look at me taking her picture since
she just had a heart transplant less than 24 hours earlier.  Or the
excitement Tommy showed after his surgery in getting his hair combed
because he wanted his photo to be displayed on the hospital entrance.

I spent 6 hours from 11:00 pm to 5:00 am working with the nurses and
really didn't mind the next day when I had to do my day job with only 2
hours sleep.  It made me appreciate my "healthy" kids more and gave me
a renewed respect for the job my wife does everyday.  It also made me
want to go back and do it again and again and to photograph it better
and better.

Best,
Rick

Message from Steve Barbour <kididdoc@cox.net> (Re: [Leica] Irene...paw)