Subject: [Leica] Re: The Drugstore Solution?
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 06:02:01 -0600

Dante:

>Having noticed that Walgreens is having a special of 4x6 prints at 20
>cents a pop from CD

I stopped by my local Walgreens to try to make some 8x10s.  I'm trying to
figure out what my options are for prints.  I either need a new printer or
have prints made for me.  I was hoping I could use my corner Walgreens to
make working prints and then spend bigger bucks to have a few special prints
made elsewhere.

Anyway...  My first try was with pictures saved on a CD-R in tiff format.
No go.  The guy said jpegs only.  So, I went back armed with jpegs.  Still
no go.  It wouldn't recognize that I had any images on the disc.  Worked
fine from other computers.  So I decided that was too much hassle.

So what I'm trying to say is before you load up 200 CDs to go over there,
you might want to put a few images on disc and see if those will work first.

Eric

Replies: Reply from Dante Stella <dante@umich.edu> (Re: [Leica] Re: The Drugstore Solution?)