Subject: [Leica] Digital-redux
From: "Slobodan Dimitrov" <s.dimitrov@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 08:02:52 -0800

As it's just another form of media within photography, the argument over
whether it's good or bad is a moot one with me.
What concerns me the most is the issue of ownership of my images. The
digital image file comes encumbered with licenses. It posses a serious
question as to my complete and unrestricted ownership of an image.
I also have grave concerns about being assessed fees to access my digital
images somewhere down the line.
Two recent incidents have led me to this concern. First, the music industry
and its reinterpretation of ownership over file sharing. Secondly, the
current case of bio-engineered seed found in an unlicensed field.
Where this is taking us is a very serious issue for stock photographers and
for the vintage print market.
S. Dimitrov

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com> (Re: [Leica] Digital-redux)
Reply from John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Digital-redux)