Subject: Re: [Leica] Michiel's PAW catching up 2003
From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 10:44:42 -0700

>Hello,
>
>At last I found the time to catch up and finish 2003. Scanning takes
>much more time than I like. Can't wait for the digital back.
>
>http://home.wanadoo.nl/michiel.fokkema/Fotografie/paw/48.htm
>A view on the dike in the North of Holland. Rain is coming.

Michiel... I like very much this view from the dike....and very nice
images all...

re: the leica R8/9  digital back... I too await its appearance...and
I would likely be interested...however...I heard from a very
knowledgeable person recently who raised the following
questions...and I believe there are not based on total speculation...

1. has Leica had second thoughts?  will it truly come to fruition ?
2. when?...he said earliest 2005...not this year,
3. cost? in US dollars ..with current exchange...it will likely be
more than       5000 USD!

This is not exactly encouraging information/speculation...and it
might put a new spin on our fantasies...time for some reality
testing...

Anyone else out there with any real  facts on this..if no facts,  a
good rumor will do....

Steve

Replies: Reply from Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com> (Re: [Leica] Michiel's PAW catching up 2003)