Subject: Re: [Leica] SonC shoots some film
From: Allen Graves <ahgraves@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:01:37 -0600

Jerry

It's a shopping mall. Real Jax beer died in 1973 or 1974, just as I
started college down there. People were trading cases of Jax for
6-packs of Regal (another defunct local beer). And about the same
time, Dixie had the famous "BAD BATCH", when the solvent from the
glue for a new floor spoiled an entire batch of beer just in time for
the 4th of July. The only healthy local brewery in N.O. at that time
was Falstaff- not really a local beer, but brewed there, so it
benefited from local tax protections that kept the cost of locally
brewed beer less than Coca-Cola. (79 cents/6-pack in special). A
wonderful city for a college student...........

Allen