Subject: [Leica] Re: TriX at 800/Now scanning Tri-X
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:47:16 -0600

Luc:

>Am I right in assuming scanning the prints would be better in the end?

I'm of the opinion that making a 2nd generation copy (scanning the negative)
is almost always superior to making a 3rd generation copy (scanning a print
made from the negative).

In my experience, I've seen decreased details in the shadows and highlights
when I've scanned from prints.  Which makes sense, since prints have a lower
contrast range.

Eric

Message from Luc Bourgeois <luc@forcemajeure.qc.ca> (Re: [Leica] TriX at 800/Now scanning Tri-X)