Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: R lenses on Canon bodies
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:20:55 +0100

>Wow, strange stuff. I couldn't use such a contraption anyway. I can't
>deal with stop-down metering and shooting wide open all the time.
>That's what an M camera is for. :-)

Eric

I agree. I have made a try of this mixed gear and I finally use Canon lenses
in my EOS 1Ds and Leica lenses in my R8. Why loose AF and all features if
the quality is not so far? Well I have few Leica R lenses, two zooms, and
then I do not need using them in the EOS as their quality is not far behind.

I, still, feel anxious of see an M digital; I mean "some" camera using M
lenses not an M camera using "other" lenses even produced by Leica. It could
eve be a "plasticky" device with a sensor but able of interchanging M
lenses. I know, Austin Franklin, explained clearly, it is not possible to
launch an M digital but a digital rangefinder for M lenses? Bearing the red
dot or not, feeling as an M or not but using the M lenses this is the camera
I wish.

Felix

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: R lenses on Canon bodies)