Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Shutterbug Magazine - Time to let it go..
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 13:18:03 -0800

Which reminds me, how is the Bob Shell case going?

I always thought Shutterbug was a small group of mediocre talents who
happened to like to work with their own friends and who knew a few
technical things about how cameras work. But not terribly capable of
putting that knowledge to real use. There were exceptions - such as
David Brooks - former editor of Peterson Photographic when it was a
decent publication. I used to get together with him in Eugene Oregon
once in a while and talk photos. He was pretty good.

I liked it much more when it was just simple classified ads for the
photo world.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

His bad opponent's "facts" he sweeps away,
And drags his sophistry to light of day;
Then swears they're pushed to madness who resort
To falsehood of so desperate a sort.
Not so; like sods upon a dead man's breast,
He lies most lightly who the least is pressed.
                                                         Polydore Smith