Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: digital in low light
From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 08:22:36 +0000

I don't think you are right here. Leica have said their 10 mpx digiback
will match film. Surely somebody out there (other than
Luminous-Landscape) can do the sums. I know a Leica with summicron at
optimum aperture using slow B&W film and mounted on a tripod can
produce incredible detail, but what about handheld using normal film.
How does it actually compare in real life folks?
FWIW the only comparison I have seen with actual examples is on
Luminous-Landscape.com, others seem to be of a scientific or blustery
"it just can't be" nature.
Where's the meat?
Frank