Subject: [Leica] Film "died" for me this week
From: rclompus@cox.net
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 12:32:17 -0500

Hi All,

I had the opportunity to try out and view some 8 1/2 X 11 color prints
from the Canon Rebel with the $100 18-55mm lens.  The whole deal
costs $999.  I was blown away with the quality and depth of the photos
from such a cheap outfit.

I have been in love with Leica M and R since the late 1980's when I could
finally afford to buy the bodies and lenses I needed for my personal
photos.  I have multiple bodies and over two dozen lenses.  It all
changed today.  I'll keep a few for my artsy work but the rest will
probably go.  I know the cheap Canon body and lenses will be worth
nothing in a few years but I'll be taking more photos and enjoying
photography more.  I never bought equipment for investment purposes.

I wish Leica had an alternative but that was not meant to be for me.  I
donated my extensive Zone VI darkroom to my daughter's high school
this year.  Silver halide is wonderful but it "died" for me this week.  It's all
in the mind but what a tidewater change for me.  My next investment will
be in the new Epson 4000 printer to supplement my P2200.

Richard Clompus
Roanoke, VA

Replies: Reply from "David Rodgers" <davrodgers@msn.com> (Re: [Leica] Film "died" for me this week)
Reply from sam <sam@osheaven.net> (Re: [Leica] Film "died" for me this week)