Subject: [Leica] Darkroom Survey
From: rclompus@cox.net
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 20:28:13 -0500

1. Digital darkroom only.  Donated my Bessler 45MXT with Zone 6 cold
light head, Schneider lenses, trays, drier, archival print washer and ry
mount press to my daughter's local high school last year.

Currently using a Nikon Coolscan 4000, Epson 3200 flat bed scanner,
Apple iMac, Photoshop Elements 2.0, Epson P2200 printer and having a
ball.  I no l onger have to work until 4 AM to get a fine print.  I can work
when I find the time and once I nail the print exposure, I can print until I
run out of paper and they will be almost identical.

Using Leica M and R cameras mostly.  Also play with Canon G5 for fun.
It's just too easy to experiment with digital to get the shot you want.
Digital focusing is terrible.  I miss the Leica rangefinder and lenses in the
digital world.

Richard Clompus
Roanoke, VA