Subject: FW: [Leica] The Cat Photo submissions
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 17:02:37 -0500

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us] On Behalf Of B. D.
Colen
Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2004 4:55 PM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

Okay - Here it is - As the judge's judge sees things, the clear winner,
without a single doubt - in unfortunately ineligible - But it gets a 12
on a scale of 1-10
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2075377&size=lg   12

Why is that the winner, we asked the judge...
"Because it's really funny - and to justify its existence, a cat photo
should be funny."

Among the eligibles, we have four photos tied for first place....And the
winners are - at this moment - all at 8.7 - Sonny, Steve "Rod through
the skull" Barbour, Kyle Kitty Kassidy, and Big Sal!

Sonny is up there because the photo is amusing and, at the same time,
intriguing; Steve is tied for first because he presented a very nicely
composed photo that actually tells a story; Kyle is a winah for his
composition, his eye, and his use of color. And Sal is in this group
because his photo is both well composed and amusing.

Close behind them at 8.5 we have Lea and Feli - And I should tell Lea
that the judge's judge thought that her photo was the "cutest," which is
good news for Lea, who Lea sells photos as cards etc.

And coming in at 8, we have Nathan, whose photo the judge pronounced
"very funny."

The Kitty Porn photo earned a 7.5, not because it was Kitty Porn, but
because the judge really liked the, uh, "composition."

Now - I'm going to make John crazy and suggest that you all vote
'amongst yourselves' for first, second, third and 'runner up.'

B. D.

http://www.wajsmanphoto.com/2003_51alt2.jpg                   8
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2075377&size=lg   12
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2075744&size=lg   7.2