Subject: [Leica] damn I'm lucky
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@www.sonc.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 21:12:32 -0600

multi-megapixal fuji 800 scanned to fuji frontier Leica m6 summicron 50

I moved back to Natchitoches from New Orleans in 1991, and one of the things
I was afraid I would miss is the music scene.  One of my last afternoons
living in the City, I spent in the French Market listening to music.

So, fast forward to 2004. A guy name Jo. comes to town and loves to play
music, and starts an open mike.

Guess what?  Some really great musicians come and get into the coffee house
type scene.  Now I can't play a kazoo, but I love live music.  And guess
what?  I have the most wonderful access I could imagine.  Nobody cares if I
sit right next to them while they play.  And damn it is good music!  I would
have shot lots more, but I was listening!  The first shot is Paul, a sax
genius I never heard before, (how is that possible)?

http://www.sonc.com/sax.htm

Next is George, who does amazing things on the drums.  Never ran across him
either.  The wonder of an open Mike program.

http://www.sonc.com/drums.htm

I love music, and I am surprised every day about the wonderfully talented
people who are drawn to this little town.

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com