Subject: Re: [Leica] Help requested! i,ve been challenged for a duel by a Canon owner
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 15:47:17 +0100 (MET)

> A pro friend of mine who does sports and is good enough to test for both
> Nikon and Canon has challenged me for a low light duel.
> Allthough we have not finalised our test conditions yet what do you
> recommend?
> What can I expect from his state of the art Canon,s in ISO,s and lenses?
> Should i use a Noctilux and slow film or a summicron (90 for the M or 50 for
> my R) on faster film.
> Tripod or hand held?I can really use your help this guy is way beyond me in
> everything photographic.

Well, he would be, Simon. He's a pro.

If you're doing color, Fuji Press 1600 (can even be pushed on stop and
looks decent). Some people say Press 800 pushed one stop looks better than
Press 1600 straight.

Your Noctilux, of course.

Low-light and tripod is cheating. No tripods. 4-6cl of your favorite
spirit before hand-holding might be in order :)

Daniel