Subject: [Leica] How much should I charge?
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:48:05 -0800 (PST)

Folks:  It's happened.  People are starting to ask for prints of my
photographs.  Right now it's mostly people I work with, friends, and
friends of friends. I feel like I'm in a funny position, because I'm not
an established professional, but I'm not a completely rank amateur either.

I can easily print 5x7, letter size 8.5 x 11, or 11 x 14 on my Epson 1280.
Bigger than that or 4x6 I can send to a lab.

So what should I charge?  I apologize for bringing up something that has
been recall this being discussed before, but the archive search engine is
not working right now.

And what do I ask for if someone asks me to shoot their classical concert
(or a rehearsal)?  Musicians are a particularly knotty issue, because I am
friends with a number of them.  I write music, too, and might want to
interest some of them in playing my music sometime.

I already know what to do if someone says the word "wedding"--follow Ted's
sage advice and run like hell!  :-)

- --Peter