Subject: [Leica] Re: Help requested! i,ve been challenged for a duel by a Canon owner
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 15:46:13 -0600

Simon:

>A pro friend of mine who does sports and is good enough to test for both
>Nikon and Canon has challenged me for a low light duel.

Is he using a film camera?  If so, you should both use the same film.

I'm not sure it would be much of a duel if one guy shows up with a single
shot pistol and the other is carrying a shoulder missile launcher.  :)

>What can I expect from his state of the art Canon,s in ISO,s and lenses?

State of the art for low light would probably be their image stabilized
lenses.  The newest ones gain about 3 stops.  If your friend can hand hold a
90 at 1/60th of a second and come away with sharp images, your friend can
now do the same at 1/8 second.  The 70-200 f2.8 is equivalent in handholding
ability to 70-200 f1!!

If it's a duel, you should both shoot similar shots.  If you're wanting to
stack the odds in your favor, I'd include light sources in the frame.  I
have no idea how the top of the line modern Canon lenses handle flare.

Good luck, and let us know how you fare!

Eric

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] Re: Help requested! i,ve been challenged for a duel by a Canon owner)
Message from "lea" <lea@whinydogpress.com> (Re: [Leica] AND THE WINNAHS ARE!!!!)
Message from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> ([Leica] Help requested! i,ve been challenged for a duel by a Canon owner)