Subject: RE: [Leica] Film "died" for me this week
From: Feli di Giorgio <feli@creocollective.com>
Date: 02 Feb 2004 15:24:32 -0800

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 06:35, Félix López de Maturana wrote:

> And, perhaps only in my opinion, digital photography, however it will
> enormously improve in the next years, has already reached the point where is
> accepted as a consumer culture object.

Yes, I think that in the past two years digital photography has gone
mainstream, as the price / performance barrier has been broken and
digital cameras have become commodity items.

> Under this point of view I firmly believe that digital photography has
> reached maturity.

Acceptance, but not maturity.

I think we will have reached that point in about 4-5 years, when full
frame 10-20 MP (35mm) cameras are the norm for a mid range SLR. At the
very high-end there may be some uber-pixel monsters, but even that race
may slow down as the law of diminishing returns takes it's toll.

I still think we are in too much of a technology race. Things may
eventually settle down, but looking at the megahertz wars in the
computer field, it may not happen.

feli

> Regards
>
> Felix