Subject: [Leica] The hills are alive with the sound of music!
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 17:29:12 -0700

So what has got me thinking that yodeling is a great thing to do when
it is -20?

My two TTLs came back from having been retrofitted with the new finder
upgrade. The flare is definitely gone or reduced in all the usual flare
prone situations. That is great and worth getting happy over but hardly
lederhosen wearing news. The great news is that my 0.58x TTL now has a
much more stable superimposed image. I can use a Noctilux with it!

When I sent the camera to Gerry Smith, I mentioned my ongoing problems
with the moving superimposed image on the 0.58x. All M cameras do it to
a certain extent but the 0.58x finder was the worst of the lot. It had
me sweating bullets when using a Noctilux or 90AA on the 0.58x. Gerry
said he would look into it when he had the finder apart. I do not know
what he did or if the new condenser lens stabilizes the image but it
works like a charm now.

Edelweiss, blah blah blah,
Blah my cameras forever!
Blah blah blah