Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R lens question
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 08:37:41 -0600

Frank

I'll bet Barcelona is nicer than Cedar Rapids right now. ;-)

I did the comparison years ago when George Lepp of Outdoor Photography had
a work shop in Dallas.  The work shop was sponsored by Canon - Big Surprise
- - So I got to play with all of the EOS-1 cameras and lenses.  I will say I
love the fast super teles for convenience and easy visualization when
compared to the slower Telyt.  I went home thinking of how I could convince
my wife I needed to buy the 280/2.8 from Leica. ;-)  Didn't Work, Darn. ;-(
As a after note, George was quite impressed with the size of the 560, it is
a long optic.

Gene

                      frank.dernie@btinternet.com
                      Sent by:                            To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        cc:
                      -alto.ca.us                         Subject:  Re: [Leica] Leica R lens question

                      02/04/2004 05:03 AM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

That is interesting, I have not compared the 560 f6.8 I shall do so when I
get home - I am in Barcelona on business at the moment.
Frank

>  from:    grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
>  date:    Tue, 03 Feb 2004 18:38:40
>  to:      leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
>  subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R lens question
>

> I compared the Canon 500/4 to my 560/6.8 Telyt and there was no
comparison
> the 560 won easily, my wife's opinion, by the way without knowing which
was
> which.
>
> Gene
>

>                       Frank Dernie

>                       <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com        To:
leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
>                       >                                   cc:

>                       Sent by:                            Subject:  Re:
[Leica] Leica R lens question