Subject: Re: RE:[Leica] Leica R lens question
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 11:24:14 EST

In a message dated 2/4/04 6:37:13 AM, fmaturana@euskalnet.net writes:

<<

Am I absolutely wrong or saying a lens has a "signature" is similar to

saying a High End Sound system has a "special" sound? I love transparency in

the sound something like "just if you were there" not a "colour" of the

sound. So in the imaging area I'd like the camera did not add nothing to the

reality. Am I a dreamer?

Felix >>

Felix,

I probably should have been a bit more specific.  Certain R lenses might be
known as dogs, others as fine, and some as being "special" whatever that means
(maybe it's sharpness, or super fast, bokeh etc).  The other part of a
signature look is to me, a look that pops out.   The noctilux is one such lens (to
me).  The photos I've seen from the 75' lux in the M series has a very
distinctive "look" to me.  So does the 35 pre-asph.  I'm not sure that I can use words
to describe the "look" but if I mix up my contact sheets and try to
recoordinate them, I can figure out which lens shot what.   So my question, since I'm
much less familiar with the R-series of lenses, and since there is a lot LESS
information out there in internet land on leica R lenses, are which ones are
"special" however the readers on the LUG classify it.

Kim