Subject: Re: [Leica] Film "died" for me this week
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 11:27:53 EST

In a message dated 2/4/04 3:28:24 AM, mark@rabinergroup.com writes:

<< This of course is a real pain in the ass thing to say on the Leica Users

List but when this kind of post happens I wonder and my question often has

been this in effect:

How much died?

Was he a great person with a great future? A great loss?

How tragic of a thing are we really talking about here?

Perhaps this person was slight and is finally being put to of a long drawn

out misery.

We should cry a whole lot less maybe.

Are we having a big funeral for what lets face it had been a fairly small

commitment in the first place? I hope not!

This implies strongly the strength in the new technology and the weakness in

the old.

I'm just guessing no -

It's a new hobby to replace one that wasn1t really there.

Oh my god.

rabiner, you always have a way with words.

but sometimes your stream of consciousness taps into something really special.

thanks for this one.

Kim