Subject: [Leica] Digital M - was Leica to Restructure
From: rclompus@cox.net
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 15:41:01 -0500

I would like to be the first one to buy a digital Leica M in the U.S.  I got
Tamarkin's first Leica M7 - which was to have been the first in the U.S. for
retail sale.  As an optometrist who has spent a great deal of my life studying
optics and improving patient's vision, I love Leica glass.  Their factory tour a
few years ago in Solms really showed how small scale they were and how
delicate a company it really is financially.

I'll keep my fingers crossed they can pull it off.  This will be the gamble that
will either save the company or bankrupt it.  In the mean time, I'll use
another digital body with a lens adapter for the their R glass.

Richard Clompus, OD
Roanoke, VA

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Digital M - was Leica to Restructure)