Subject: RE: [Leica] Digital M - was Leica to Restructure, Cut Staff
From: "Jim Shulman" <jshul@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 00:39:12 -0500

What the article does not mention is whether the M digital camera would take
advantage of the same effective focal length of the current M lenses; that
is, would a 50 still render the same perspective as it does on 24x36 film,
or would it become a moderate telephoto (as is the case with the Olympus
E-1, and with other current SLR digital systems).

To me, the greatest success for Leica would be a seamless transition of the
film M system to a digital format, complete with an unaltered set of
effective focal lengths, retention of the current rangefinder system, and
quiet, speedy operation.

Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA