Subject: RE: [Leica] Digital M - was Leica to Restructure, Cut Staff
From: Feli di Giorgio <feli@creocollective.com>
Date: 08 Feb 2004 13:13:07 -0800

On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 21:39, Jim Shulman wrote:
> What the article does not mention is whether the M digital camera would take
> advantage of the same effective focal length of the current M lenses; that
> is, would a 50 still render the same perspective as it does on 24x36 film,
> or would it become a moderate telephoto (as is the case with the Olympus
> E-1, and with other current SLR digital systems).

I hope it's a full frame chip. if they end up with a focal length multiplier
we will suddenly have the excessive DOF problems that everyone else has.

feli

Replies: Reply from Dan C <leicaman@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Digital M - was Leica to Restructure, Cut Staff)
Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Digital M - was Leica to Restructure, Cut Staff)