Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Leica to Restructure, Cut Staff
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 10:07:11 -0500

WRT the full frame sensor, I'm not sure that is especially important as
the move down a focal length is pretty seamless.  Unlike most systems,
the 35 F1.4 is better than the 50 1.4 and some might argue that that the
35 F2 is better than the 50 Summicron.  Likewise, the 28 and 24 focal
lengths are quite outstanding.  Moving up from normal, I don't think
anybody would argue about the stunningly good choices from the 75, 90,
and 135.

The way to look at a non full frame sensor is using an M3 frameline set
with M2 lenses.  You get the picture, the 50 frameline is using the 35,
the 90 using the 50 and so forth.

The real design goal should be the viewfinder, size, and handling.
Speed of use should be faster if a sufficiently large buffer is
installed as well as no rewinding if you use a large enough memory
device.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com