Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Digital M
From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 07:57:41 +0000

The problem is, Larry, which lens will these microlenses correct for?
Each M lens impinges light on the sensor at different angles, depending
on its design and the aperture being used (wide open the light impinges
from a large circle hence over a considerable range of angles) it will
slightly change with focus difference as well. It is easy to see what I
mean from the ray diagrams in a book such as Erwin Putts book on Leica
lenses. I certainly hope it can be done, but perhaps with a different
technology to microlenses.
cheers
Frank