Subject: Re: [Leica] Harris' Hawk
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 06:03:30 -0800

Doug Herr showed:
Subject: [Leica] Harris' Hawk

Hi Doug,
The work of a fine photographic eye and handling equipment. Captive bird or
not it's one fine photograph.

>>To avoid high camera angles I made my photos through the chain-link
> fence, using Ted's trick of putting the lens right up to the wire and
using
> a wide aperture.  As long as the wires in the lens' field of view weren't
> sunlit, they were completely invisible.<<<

Beautiful!!!!!!!!! I'm glad my "shooting sports" through wire fences worked
on the Hawk. A fine example with a long lens wide open and you wont see the
wires. And yep you want to have the wires in the shade. Focus and Shoot, you
wont see anything but your subject as you've shown here. Thanks Doug for
showing it really works. :-)

Invisible wires or not this is one wonderful "close-up" with a 280mm lens.
And of course, you can't beat that slow Kodachrome. ;-)
ted