Subject: RE: [Leica] Development Of Leica's Digital 'M' To Take About 2Years - stitched Canon sensors
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:07:26 -0500

Slobodan Dimitrov wrote:
> I heard recently that the 11 meg sensor on the Canon is in
> reality 2 sensors stitched together, making the original image tiled.
> Anyone hear anything on this?

Yes.  I heard about this a while back (one year ago ?)
I think it was on dpreview.com.  Someone was having problem
with the two sides not being uniform, with a slight color
shift between the two sides.  I do not believe this
is a widespread, systemic problem, and in fact would gladly
buy the thing when the price drops down a bit more.

- - Phong