Subject: [Leica] Digital Leica M on Leica camera AG website
From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:46:02 +0100

“Well over one million high-grade Leica lenses for the Leica R- and
Leica M systems await a solution for being used optimally in
conjunction with digital technology.
Our approach to digital cameras for existing lenses conforms to our
philosophy of decades-long system compatibility and to our belief that
the optics are the decisive elements for outstanding photographs – not
the analog or digital path to those photographs”, states chief of
technology Ralf Coenen.

More here

http://www.leica-camera.com/unternehmen/presse/data/03729/index_e.html