Subject: [Leica] Pano sw for Noct images
From: "Mitch Zeissler" <mitch.zeissler@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 06:52:44 -0500

Partially on and partially off topic.

I now have a machine powerful enough to fully create the tiny pano I posted
here sometime ago:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1ssgc/Noct/pano/Silver.jpg
M3, Noct, f/8 @ 1/250th

I'm using Photoshop CS (the new scans completely blow away the above image),
but the Photomerge tool within PS doesn't work real well and keeps saying
I've run out of RAM (2GB, with tests of various PS RAM settings over the
past 3 days).  Additionally, Photomerge downsamples the images from 16-bit
to 8-bit.

I've looked out at http://www.panoguide.com/software/scores.html, but most
of the reviews are outdated by a couple years or more.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a pano tool that works with many 100MB+
16-bit files?  I'd appreciate any assistance.

Regards,

/Mitch