Subject: [Leica] photo exhibit: backstage
From: Liam Maloney <kine_scope@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 13:39:57 -0800 (PST)

I'd like to invite those of you in the Montreal area
to check out my first public photo exhibit. The show
is called "Backstage / en coulisses" and features 3
months worth of reportage behind the scenes at
Montreal cultural events. The project was a
collaboration with 4 other photojournalists and each
of us have 15-20 photos in the show covering a variety
of subjects, from religious ceremonies to canine
"best-in-show" events. Because the exhibit is part of
the Festival des Lumieres, all of the images will be
mounted in giant light boxes and displayed on St.
Catherine street, just outside of Place des Arts (btw
Jeanne Mance and St Urbain).

There isn't really a vernissage but I'll be there with
my friends and a flask of cheap scotch on Thursday
night (classy!). For all you purists, the photos were
shot exclusively on film with my Leicas, which proved
to be the best tools for the job - extremely low light
conditions and film that could handle sizeable
enlargements meant some pretty slow shutter speeds.
The show runs from the 19th to the 29th. Feel free to
drop me a line for more info.

Liam

=====
Liam Maloney