Subject: RE: [Leica] re:spam re:"Show Me the Monet"
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 07:42:22 -0500

Lennie,
Obviously from my post you remember that I said that very sophisticated
capture and output was used to generate the prints.  The following post
by Tim from the individual who did the work confirms that the utmost
care was taken to produce an excellent facsimile.

However, if you recall the four images that were in the hallway between
the coat check and the corridor where the main meetings were held on the
second floor you will remember a scene pair predominating in many shades
of green and a second image pair of a landscape with a wonderful
rendering of clouds and sky.  When I passed them on the way to the
opening session I was impressed as well.  However, when I returned to
examine the paintings and their copies it was obvious that one set was a
copy.  In fact, a small group of people gathered around the images and
enjoyed finding the differences.

The predominately green image was both off slightly in density and a
whole range of greens were not quite the correct color.  In the sky of
the landscape the blues did not retain a subtle red tint that the
original had.

Perhaps, in the mixed lighting of the corridor the Ultra chrome inks
reflected differently than in the meeting you went to where the images
might not have been displayed in mixed light.

Last, I chose to go to the newcomer's reception rather than the one for
members as someone I was talking with thought the food was better.

Next year, why don't we make it a point to meet in Orlando?

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com