Subject: RE: [Leica] Reasons to use film
From: "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 09:59:08 -0500

Frank Dernie wrote, in response to Dave Rodgers:
> 2) Bigger IS better for digital sensors just as it is for film but size
> for size digital is better than film IME.

with which I agree, although as I don't care for size per se,
the more relevant question is which provides better image quality,
dollar for dollar.  Even more relevant is whether digital is good
enough at an acceptable price point, which it is for me.

The most compelling reason for me to use digital these days is
not performance (NOT), or cost saving (yes, maybe); it is the instant
review.  For commissioned work for pay, this is invaluable for the
insurance and peace of mind.  Also very compelling is the convenience.
That said, I still prefer film, for now.  Or do I ?

In the end, years from now, only the memory remains, to wit:
www.phongdoan.com/Photography/HBBH-2004

Cheers,

- - Phong

yeah, it's a PAW of sort (taken this past week), so comments,
criticisms, etc. are welcome and _always_ appreciated.

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] Reasons to use film)
Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Reasons to use film)