Subject: RE: [Leica] scanning dark scala question(flatbed)
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 18:31:05 -0500

Simon,
See:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCooki
e=yes&oid=40524123

This machine was doing some very nice work at PMA.  4800dpi scans with
improved density range should do the trick for most uses medium format
through 4X5.  It also looks like it would do better than most for 35mm
in limited enlargements.

As to looking at negatives, I share your pain.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com