Subject: Re: [Leica] Reasons to use film
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 16:20:19 -0800

David Rodgers asked:

> Was film was just a crutch that allowed photographers to limp through the
> 20th Century until the invention of digital photography? I'm curious to
see
> if anyone will, with digital, match the work done by masters of the past.
> Has it happened yet? <<<<

But David the equipment only records the image whether film or digital, so
it doesn't matter. If you have a shooter with a brilliant eye to see magical
moments is he/she not going to record the same thing whether using digi or
film?

And .... >>Was film was just a crutch that allowed photographers to limp
through the
> 20th Century ?<<<<

Jeeeeeeeeeeesh I don't recall limping any time as it was always pedal to the
metal because it was so much damn fun. ;-)

If you'd like to see some examples of film / digital on same subjects look
here at these sports images. I imagine a tough time telling which is digital
and which film as there's many great photos here on both equipment and
recording material

http://www.sixsixsix.ca/

ted

Replies: Reply from "David Rodgers" <davrodgers@msn.com> (Re: [Leica] Reasons to use film)