Subject: Re: [Leica] photo critique requested
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 18:47:56 -0800

> http://www.mindspring.com/~flagstad/lawson/
>
> These are pictures I took on 16 Feb 2004 while master horn
> builder Walter Lawson repaired one of my horns.

Well, I'm not Ted or Tina but I'll offer my own observations.

I liked the first image the best even though it's a "throw away".

I think you're too far away (did you have to stay behind the counter?) and I'd
have loved being up close with the hands, the tools, the brass.

The test fitting was the next best for me...but I'd want to see his eyes -
shooting up as he fitted. Yeah - really invasive.

This is really easy for me to suggest - but I've taken instruments to this
wonderful shop in downtown Oakland (CA) which is in the basement of a building
close to city hall, and I've NEVER had the coruage to ask to take pictures while
the artisan was working on the instruments. It's a fabulous location, rich in a
myriad of tools, open flames, instruments stacked up, hung from hooks overhead.

Anyway - I think my own desire to have shot there has ended up infecting my
observations about your work.

Adam