Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: white socks (WAS: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC1)
From: "Tom Schofield" <leicaluvr@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:37:07 -0800

I am diabetic, and have learned to keep my eye out for when Eddie Bauer
has their extra thick cotton crew socks that come in a variety of
colors.  Actually, the diabetic socks thing is mostly marketing hype --
it is only an issue if your symptoms are advanced enough that your
experiencing slow healing in the extremities, in which case you want to
wear thick socks to avoid blisters and avoid socks that are tight around
the calf that restrict circulation.

Tom Schofield
125 St. Patricks Drive
Danville, CA 94526

Well I wear white socks, just because I happen to have them and they are
cheap by the bundle. ;-)  I have a pair of diabetic socks that are
black,
but for the life of me i don't see the reason to pay extra for what
appear
to be no difference from regular socks.  I am diabetic also.  Wait,
there
is a difference, they fit real loose and scrunch down all the time, so I
do
have to keep pulling them back up all day long.

Gene