Subject: RE: [Leica] Embedded Brit journalists will receive Iraq Campaign medal
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:46:19 +0100 (MET)

I interpreted "served in" as doing military service "served in
army/navy/air force/marines " or whatever and "in support of" as covering
the "civilian" active participants. So the same medal can go to those who
were in the military and those who participated in another capacity.

The media has its own channels for granting recognition to journalists. I
prefer that journalists keep to them.

Daniel